site navigation

St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Church
Pierce City, Lawrence Co., Missouri

A.B. Felgemaker Organ Co., Op. 504, c. 1889
Built for First Presbyterian Church, Clearfield, Pa.
Moved by Hugo Stahl to Pierce City, Mo., 1913
Restored by Dobson Pipe Organ Builders, 2015


8' Open Diapason
61 pipes
8' Melodia
49 pipes
8' Dulciana
49 pipes
8' Unison Bass
12 pipes
4' Octave
61 pipes
2-2/3' Twelfth
61 pipes
2' Fifteenth 61 pipes
Swell to Great
8' Open Diapason
49 pipes
8' Stopped Diapason
49 pipes
8' Stopped Diapason Bass
12 pipes
8' Aeolina [sic]
61 pipes
4' Flute Harmonique
61 pipes
8' Oboe
49 pipes
16' Bourdon
27 pipes
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal
Bellows Signal
Pedal Check

Incised detail on one of the façade posts.

The pre-restoration condition of the bellows was quite poor.

During the previous releathering, peculiar rope hinges were installed in a way that damaged the ribs. As a result, all new ribs had to be made.

Pre-restoration condition of the stop jambs, with one of the square rails for the mechanical key action behind.

Ben cleans the metal squares before installing new leather grommets.

Testing one of the Pedal Bourdon windchests.

The upper right corner of this part of the console lid had been completely split away, but the repair is so seamless it can't be seen.

The lower half of the case side panel on the right had been cut away to allow the duct from the blower to pass into the organ case. We reconstructed it like the unaltered original panel from the other side of the case.

Original walnut paneling above, seen from the inside, with the new walnut paneling below.

The restored bench and pedalboard.


Our ShopInstrumentsRecordingsTestimonials
Sound SamplesRecitalsNews ArchiveHome

Dobson Pipe Organ Builders, Ltd.
200 North Illinois Street • Post Office Box 25
Lake City, Iowa 51449 USA
+1 712 464 8065

Site conception by metaglyph

All contents ©1999–2016 Dobson Pipe Organ Builders, Ltd.